Magnesium Hydroxide Slurry is a safe and cost-effective treatment option to neutralize industrial and municipal wastewater streams. A highly effective alkaline chemical, Magnesium Hydroxide is easy to use and shipped in full tankers, totes, or drums. We produce a standard blend of 58% solids.
- Our Magnesium Hydroxide Slurry is manufactured in a controlled batching system, ending with a fine particle size creating a more stable product, allowing for efficient reactivity and higher Magnesium utilization.
- The use of Magnesium Hydroxide Slurry for neutralization of acids is proven to be safe and also economical for optimizing biological treatment.
- Magnesium Hydroxide maintains a pH between 6.0 and 9.0, and is an excellent source of alkalinity which is optimal for utilization in aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment systems.
- It provides nutrients essential to growth and results in more rapid aerobic digestion, specifically in denitrification systems.
- Magnesium hydroxide buffers to control pH which eliminates the danger of accidental killing bio-organisms caused by over-feeding of the neutralizer.
- Magnesium Hydroxide provides more CaCO3 equivalent alkalinity on an equal weight basis when compared to other alkalis. One dry lb. of Mg(OH)2 equals 1.68 lbs. of Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3).
- Unlike Caustic Soda and Lime, Magnesium Hydroxide is non-corrosive which makes handling easier and safer.
- It is a ready-to-use product, creating a predictable and constant material while also providing workers with a safer work environment and reduced risk of potential employee injury.
- Our Magnesium Hydroxide Slurry is produced from Calcined Magnesite sourced in North America.
Altogether, improving the treatment system efficiency, reducing equipment maintenance and processing costs make our Magnesium Hydroxide an excellent alkaline solution.
WKM also provides on-site service to ensure a smooth transition to optimize the utilization of Magnesium Hydroxide Slurry. Mobile trial units are available to test our material on an full scale treatment system. We design and supply all the storage and feed equipment necessary to implement a successful conversion. A complete system would include storage tank, mixer, pumps, ultrasonic level indicator, cellular monitoring device for full inventory control, and the necessary valves and fittings.